Advance Diversity and Inclusion in Your Organization and Life!
What you’ll learn
- Manage diversity in multiple settings
- Use multicultural language to navigate challenges
- Develop more inclusive and productive spaces
- No previous knowledge of the subject is required.
- A curiosity to explore multiculturalism
To build prosperous communities, nurturing schools, and innovative businesses; we require understanding of how to work with people from all walks of life. This course systematically prepares anyone interested in diversity and multiculturalism with important skills to make their environments more inclusive, safe, productive, and connected.
Concepts covered include the cultural, historical, and philosophical foundations of education in a multicultural society. We begin by outlining the principles of multicultural education, before looking at the connections between issues such as race, class, gender, and sexual orientation.
We also cover less addressed issues of diversity such as language, geography, religion, and the youth culture. Optional discussions, activities, and a range of additional readings deepen the learning so that anyone taking the class can put the ideas into practice right away.
Who this course is for:
- • For students thinking of studying anthropology, education, sociology, and related subjects at university
- • For anyone with a general interest in education and the relationship between society and culture
- • For people who wish to explore how multiculturalism can be used to enhance their practice