Learn How to Write Scenes That Really Fascinate Your Audience. Improve your Screenwriting, Filmmaking & Storytelling!
What you’ll learn
- Instructor-led online course through Screenwriters University designed to improve your scene-writing skills
- Put your scene writing skills to the test
- Master the craft of scene writing and increase your chances of writing a successful script
- Basic Understanding of Movies
Join over 30,000 students learning from our courses!
Too many writers think that a scene is just two people talking or arguing. Or they use the scene as an opportunity to advance the plot, reveal character, or simply make an impact through set-pieces. While there’s some validity to that, most amateur scenes tend to fall flat and disengage the reader, who ultimately tosses the script in the recycling bin. Writing great scenes requires talent, skill, know-how and practice. While the first two can’t be taught, you can learn what makes a great scene, recognize when a scene doesn’t work and why, and apply practical techniques as you craft dramatic scenes and receive feedback from the instructor.
If you want to elevate your scripts and stories – AND your screenwriting or filmmaking career — to the highest possible level, this class is a must.
They DON’T teach you this in Film School!
What people are saying about our courses:
“By far, the best director and cinematography course on the Internet.” – Nate Carroll
“I really enjoyed taking this class. It wasn’t just that the subject was interesting to me, but the teacher also made the class intriguing. I would gladly recommend this class to anyone who would be interested.” – Leah Ames
Very helpful. Adds depth to your understanding and intuitive insights which you surely had if you happened to play with video shooting and editing without doing any learning beforehand. It’s enriching. The movie samples are great as the clarify the points. Love it! – Yosi Tsitsu
In this online writing course you will learn:
- How to craft and structure the basic dramatic scene
- Effective techniques to make your scene more compelling
- The three types of scenes in a screenplay
- The key elements of the pre-writing phase of a good scene
- The most common scene problems and how to avoid them
- The crucial distinction between passive and active conflict
- How to use the Emotional Palette to create tension and anticipation
- All about pacing, scene variety, and scene transitions
- How to craft scene subtext
Whether you are filmmaking as a pro, making movies on the weekends with a DSLR camera or deep into the craft of screenwriting this is for you.
Who is Karl Iglesias?
Karl Iglesias is a screenwriter and sought-after script doctor and consultant, specializing in the reader’s emotional response to the written page. He is the best-selling author of Writing For Emotional Impactand The 101 Habits of Highly Successful Screenwriters. He teaches at UCLA Extension’s Writers’ Program, where he’s won the Outstanding Instructor Award for 2010, the Screenwriting Expo and online at Writers University. He also writes a regular column on the craft for Creative Screenwriting magazine.
Important information before you enroll:
- In case you find the course useless, don’t forget you are covered by a 30 day money back guarantee, full refund, no questions asked!
- Once enrolled, you have unlimited, lifetime access to the course!
- You will have instant and free access to any updates we’ll add to the course.
- I will give you my full support regarding any issues or suggestions related to the course.
If you’ve got the dream.
If you’ve got the drive.
If you’ve got the passion – but you’re missing the knowledge and experience…this course will help you write and sell your feature film screenplay.
Enroll NOW! Let’s get started!Who this course is for:
- Creative Writers