oracle ZFS storage area network & network attached storage accessed by windows linux VMware redhat centos ubuntu
What you’ll learn
- Introduction and overview
- CentOS 7 and ZFS packages installation
- Data protection and RAID levels
- Creating a protected ZFS storage pool
- Discover ZFS file system features
- ZFS file system and ZFS Volumes creation
- Effectively use thin provisioning to maximize your storage utilization
- How to enable De-duplication and compression to save more space
- Creating and Destroying ZFS Snapshots
- Exporting ZFS file system as a NAS storage using NFS and samba
- Exporting ZFS Volume as a SAN storage using ISCSI
- Little experience in Linux
- VMware or VirtualBox
- Centos 7 DVD
This course delivers Oracle ZFS leading technology to build advanced, professional and efficient storage that meets modern business needs and reduce the complexity and risk.
By using ZFS which becomes an open source technology now, you can build your own professional storage, which has almost the same features found in any commercial hardware storage.
In order to get benefit from this course, you should have some background about Linux administration since this course is completely built on open source Linux.
By the end of this course you will have a strong knowledge about ZFS and how you can build and administrate your professional storage box.Who this course is for:
- This course is for IT students to understand new technology and to help them for testing and simulating the storage types
- This course is for IT employee who need to build a professional storage with same features like a commercial storage to study ( cluster with shared storage , implementation of storage , understand new technologies )
- This course is suitable for any one has a some of experience in Linux and want to extend his knowledge with storage